• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting back into the hobby

swimbait

3 Year Member
Hey everyone, the names Bobby.

I started keeping Ts about 6 years ago and kept a decent collection of P. murinus P. irminia P. cambridgei C. fasciatum A. versi and A. avics. A lot of my collection ended up male so they died within 3 years, the few I had left I sold when I went through the phase of not wanting to keep anything that I couldn't feed out of my freezer. I also keep boa constrictors and use to have monitors. I moved back into my parents house while I am attending vet tech school, unfortunately with that came finding a new home for my Nile Monitor. He now resides at the Colorado Gator farm. Anyone who has kept a large species of monitor knows how much effort you need to put into it, so now being monitorless I have a lot more time on my hands. Back in august I purchased a A. avic sling at an expo for 6$, I figured why not seeing as how I still had some of my previous sling cages. I knew after purchasing that sling that this was the start of another collection. I purchased a P. murinus, which I have plenty prior experience with, from a pet shop about a month ago. Now I just recently purchased 10 P. cambridgei slings that are going to be a future breeding project. I hope down the road to find somebody to trade half the slings with for non sacmate p. cambridgei. I also got a LP sling as a freebie, so now I am at 13 Ts. I think its safe to say I am back in the hobby. I'm back at the point where I am dreaming about spiders again :D

Latest posts