• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G.Rosea Molting

SpiderSam

3 Year Member
So this is my first T and only T so far and this is her first molt since we had her and she is laying on her back looking dead (I know she isn't dead) on her web bed now the question is WTF DO I DO I know to leave it alone unless needed to be irriated (have 2 beetles got to take out) and I know she cant eat( idk how long to wait) til her body is hard so CAN SOMEONE HELP ME IM FREAKING OUT WITH EXICTMENT

SpiderSam

3 Year Member
This was the best angle I can do the other were blury

Attachments

• 10407360_1001396133207233_8282409571028212928_n.jpg
    10407360_1001396133207233_8282409571028212928_n.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 28

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Woo hoo! Congrats on the first molt!
Just give her a bit more time to finish doing her thing and you will see her return to normal behavior with a day or so. Keep us updated on how she's doing!!

SpiderSam

3 Year Member
So far so good its been 2 hours since I found her (according to google I got about 15 hours of this play "dead") but right now im video taping her planning on uploading it to Youtube after I speed up hopefully everything goes well almost lost her once she fell from her cage and onto a rock but that was back in august some time

Therasoid

3 Year Member
So this is my first T and only T so far and this is her first molt since we had her and she is laying on her back looking dead (I know she isn't dead) on her web bed now the question is WTF DO I DO I know to leave it alone unless needed to be irriated (have 2 beetles got to take out) and I know she cant eat( idk how long to wait) til her body is hard so CAN SOMEONE HELP ME IM FREAKING OUT WITH EXICTMENT
Don't freak out, this is normal and will happen numerous times in their life cycle. Definately remove the prey items. As far as the time it takes to finish the molting process, this varies with the individual. Some take a couple hours others a lot longer. I've raised from slings to mature adults, and most have finished less than 8 hours. 1 did take closer to 12 hours with no problems. I usually wait 7-10 days before I introduce food. This is ample time for them to fully harden.
Congratulations on witnessing the molting process, I've seen just the tail end or find the freshly molted T all stretched out. [emoji4]

SpiderSam

3 Year Member
Sweet I more freaking out in a good way ive been waiting for this day first time ever xD .... I was up at 7am and she was up and walking and I come back to my room around 11am and she was like that xD looking "dead" I managed to remove one prey not sure if the other is still in their or if she ate one keeping my eyes open for sure :D and sweet I will keep everyone posted and when I edit my video I will post it on here Hopefully all goes well

SpiderSam

3 Year Member
So Everyone pictures are soon to be posted she is almost done and my video failed I got 5 hours of her playing dead 2x 30sec videos of her starting to move out and then I ran out of space and my laptop decided to quit working but we got some molting pictures :D

SpiderSam

3 Year Member
Here are the photos

Attachments

• 1st molt 1.jpg
    1st molt 1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 1st molt 2.jpg
    1st molt 2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 1st Molt 3.jpg
    1st Molt 3.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 1st molt 4.jpg
    1st molt 4.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 1st molt 5.jpg
    1st molt 5.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 1st molt 6.jpg
    1st molt 6.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 1st molt FREE.jpg
    1st molt FREE.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 14

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
Glad she made it through her first molt with you, congrats!

Now, give her plenty of space and peace. Don't poke or prod her around so you can get a good look. Depending on her size it can take about a week for her to harden up and be ready to feed again. Don't be worried if she doesn't take food the first time you offer it. It could take her 2 or 3 weeks to accept food. As long as she has a full water dish she will be just fine. :)

Latest posts