• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G.rosea molt

James O H

3 Year Member
Hello everyone
Our pet T has started to molt,we've had her since April 10th and she never ate the whole length of time so I suspected a molt was due, from what I've been reading the tarantula should be on its back to get through its molt. Yesterday it seemed like she was trying to push herself over by leaning against the hide in her inclosure but this morning I see she hasnt made it and is now going through her molt on her belly, is this o.k can anyone tell me?
concerned for her and hoping she makes it. She is still very slowly moving through it, her carapace is just gently coming up bit by bit.
Here are some pics, ill post more as it gets further along, it really is something else to watch,hope shes o.k. IMAG0291.jpg IMAG0291.jpg IMAG0293.jpg IMAG0294.jpg IMAG0295.jpg

James O H

3 Year Member
So here she is after her molt, she looks stunning but her second leg from the back on left side appears to be injured.Will this affect her much ?. It looks bad enough you can see it in these few pictures. The first few are from yesterday and the last from today.IMAG0316.jpg IMAG0319.jpg IMAG0320.jpg IMAG0322.jpg IMAG0324.jpg IMAG0325.jpg

Therasoid

3 Year Member
No, not to worry too much.
If it bothers your T, it may detach it on its own. It will regenerate a new one over a few molts. Very resilient creatures, and will take care of themselves quite well.

James O H

3 Year Member
Thanks Therasoid, thats great news. Its amazing how different she looks,real dark black legs and abdomen wit the reddish hair and pink carapace.Beautiful, shes still our 1 and only but will be getting more.Delighted to of had a molt this early into the hobby, shes a mature spider, I was told 5 years old when I got her.
IMAG0326.jpg

Therasoid

3 Year Member
If she is 5 y.o., expect another 20 years or more in your care. [emoji106] Btw, she's.a good looking youngster.

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
Molts are often a great joy and brings out the best look in the T what ever the colour enjoy .

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lucky you! She's a gorgeous girl.
I'm dying to see mine molt (had her for a year now).

Latest posts