• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. pulchripes sling feeding troubles.

LauraMI

3 Year Member
Anyone raise one from a sling? My little one's eating habits isn't like any of my other T's. Of course the LP would eat every day. I know that is an awful comparison to make, but I feel like Aplle would be fine eating once or twice a week!

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm raising two from slings (they were just under 1/2" when I acquired them). One was originally ravenous, readily taking anything I would offer for about a month. The other would eat about once a week during this period. Now that they have both molted twice (the first time after not eating for almost four months during the winter), they have switched eating habits. My once ravenous little guy eats about once a week. The other would eat whenever I feed him. They definitely don't have the consistent eating habits of some of my other Ts. Still, I enjoy their quirkiness! :) I have a 1" sling coming, and I'm REALLY curious to see what this one is like!

LauraMI

3 Year Member
Interesting to hear. Apple is 1/3" & I http://www.martymade.comthought it had died. It burrowed & I lost it for 5 weeks. I dug it up & rehoused it & put it in a closet where it took maybe 5 1/8" crickets...then began refusing food again. Such a roller-coaster feeder!

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hahahahaha! I like "roller-coaster feeder." :) Like yours, mine both burrowed immediately, although one was polite enough to dig in the corner of its enclosure so that I could see it the whole time. The other I would rarely see; I would just drop food by the burrow entrance and it would disappear by morning. During their fast, they went from late November to late March without eating, and I barely ever saw them. I'll be curious to see how their behaviors change as they grow.

Latest posts