• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

fun day:Fang rubbing

torstrum

3 Year Member
hey guys, Gerry, my B. emilia suddenly started rubbing her fangs together. I just got home from work and she's pulling her fangs in and out whilst moving them up and down and rubbing, massaging them almost with her feelers. It's really cool, I was wondering if any of you have seen your t's do this or if you know what she's doing. Is she cleaning? it almost looks like it. She's been fasting for a few days now maybe it's premolt

now that I think about it this is the only time I've seen her fangs other than when she was working crickets with her fangs(which looks similar to what she's doing now except she doesn't have a cricket) and when she climbs the glass :D

edit: she just spread her fangs, and put her face to the ground. it almost looked like she was working her sub with her feelers/face, but she only did it a couple of time. Could she be making a molting mat?(im excited now!)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sounds like she is having a nice wash, they take bath time very seriously. She could be close to moulting as well.

laura916

3 Year Member
Mine does it too, i freaked out the 1st time because i had no clue what it was doing. Also the other day i saw something really neat, it was climbing and climbed to the top, then walked upside down across its ceiling and i walked over with the flash light to take a picture, and the top is screen, anyways it stuck its fangs thru the screen holes and they curled over it.. i yelled "oh ****" and it retracted them and kept walking. Haha.. was pretty neat to see.

torstrum

3 Year Member
My B Emilia was just doing that yesterday. It scares me because while she seems fairly safe upside down on the screen she sometimes slips on the glass. Definitely amazing though. The first time she did it I looked around her tan and couldn't find her, then realized she was on her walls

laura916

3 Year Member
My B Emilia was just doing that yesterday. It scares me because while she seems fairly safe upside down on the screen she sometimes slips on the glass. Definitely amazing though. The first time she did it I looked around her tan and couldn't find her, then realized she was on her walls

lol, i know, i freak out everytime mines upside down

Latest posts