• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Freeze dry/taxidermy tarantula.

Mugpro

3 Year Member
Soooo I've read somewhere that you can permanently freeze a tarantula to the point that is solidifies and will not thaw or decompose. Usually done by a taxidermist in a freeze drier. Unfortunately there arent any in the area that provide this service. But if you use the freezer in your home for an extended period it will do the same. This girl has been in my freezer since june and looks like she did the day she passed. Just need to figure out how long i need to keep her in there.
FB_IMG_1443725229312.jpg

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i pin insects as well. and my understanding is that larger specimens will keep there body shape(for the most part) but spiders r touch and go, then tend to shrivel up in the abdomen area. but i have seen larger specimens just pinned and dried. no need for freezing. plus freezing and freeze drying r not quit the same thing. the freeze dryer removes moister.

Latest posts