• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fleas treatments???

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Ok so may have a big problem. I think my dog may have fleas and not sure what I should do. This wasn't a problem before when I had a separate room for my animals but we recently moved and I have all my Ts in my bedroom now, along with my dog who refuses to sleep anywhere other then the foot of my bed. Im not seeing fleas on her but she's itching like no other and I had one on my leg last night. Im afraid to use any shampoo or medication for it in fear it will effect my Ts as well. Kinda stuck In a hard spot cuz I don't really have any where else to put them and I can't just go without treating my dog either. Anyone have any opinions on what I should do? Gonna take her to the vet just to be sure cuz I have almost 30 Ts and not gonna risk anything till I know for a fact that's the problem.

KezyGLA

3 Year Member
I use the liquid that you apply to the back of neck.

Always wash hands thoroughly before tending to feeders and spiders.

I have a couple Ts in the same room as my dog with no problems after applying it. I have used it for years. I believe it is called Advocate.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I use the liquid that you apply to the back of neck.

Always wash hands thoroughly before tending to feeders and spiders.

I have a couple Ts in the same room as my dog with no problems after applying it. I have used it for years. I believe it is called Advocate.
agreed, I've been using the flea drops on my dog for years, before i had T's. I've been using the Advantix brand.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Unless you're going to use gas to get them, the T should be fine. I'd treat the dog on the bathroom.

Those chemicals aren't too great for people either.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My dogs have been in my room with the spiders for years. I bathe them with flea shampoo one a week, sometimes every two weeks. I put drops on their backs in the summer. Just recently I made the mistake of petting a recently flea treated dog before doing enclosure maintenance, and killed eight of my spiders. Three of them were very expensive..The one time I forgot to wash my hands this happened. All showed dks symptoms before dying. My advice is, don't make the same mistake I did. Lost all my pumpkin patch spiders, a female Ph. sp green, a female GBB, a male T stirmi, theres a few more but you get the point. One slip up..

Latest posts