• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First Enclosure!

Bex

1708294668128.png

Very first T enclosure! I am expecting a Green Bottle Blue in the mail on March 1st, so I figured I would get this put together now!

I am expecting the spider to be 2 inches. This is a small Kritter Keeper (a little over 9" x 6" x 7"), with Josh's Frogs ABG mix in the bottom, some cork bark, and some pillow moss. I found these adorable tiny water dishes, so I tossed one of those in there. The skull is a 3d printed hide that I was going to use for my mantis, but it was just a bit too large for his enclosure.

What do you guys think? I know I'm going to need to upgrade when my T gets bigger, but I think this is a nice first enclosure.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That looks fine. Something to give some height for webbing would be a good addition.

Bex

Wanted to make an update- I am now expecting TWO tarantulas, so of course I had to make another enclosure! This is for my incoming A. avicularia "Metallic".

1709049164753.png

And I made some changes to the GBB enclosure- another piece of cork for some height, a more suitable piece for the hide, some moss to anchor on.

1709049404149.png

I plan on eventually upgrading both of these Ts to Tarantula cribs enclosures when they get bigger. The A. avic is going to be at least an inch, but that's still pretty teeny! Honestly really looking forward to getting to design and put together even more enclosures... Maybe I should get another T :3