• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Filmaker Documentarian Says Hi and Needs Your Hlep

Dan at Heroin Project

3 Year Member
Hi Everybody,
While this may sound strange I am the sole media source for the North East Mid Atlantic Heroin Task Force. NEMA-HTF encompasses more than 12 states from Virginia to Maine. I have over 25 years experience as an investigative journalist and documentarian/filmmaker for major media outlets having lived and filmed 3 years in Colombia, 7 years in Mexico, every major urban city from Miami to NYC, England, Germany and France.
Last year I founded Heroin Project - a non-profit media producer and multifaceted organization that produces powerful graphic media that is research based to effectively avert new addictions and create awareness in the 13-25 year old age group where over 90% of all addictions begin. We are also a major performing arts center for reenactments, art, dance and music where kids in that age range produce most of the media.
So what does any of that have to do with Tarantulas? Our newest media program associates kids greatest fears of spiders, snakes and scorpions to drugs. The fear of spiders, arachnophobia is powerful and the association is effective.
Looking if either we need to purchase tarantulas/snakes and scorpions as mascots and for poster, billboards and commercials for media or find a local handler willing to come to our studio. I have experience with these creatures when living and filming in the Amazon in Colombia but not as a breeder or more than handle them in the wild.
Thank you!

Latest posts