• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fake egg sac

Mr. P

3 Year Member
My two year old female P. cambridgei is 5.5-6 inches and she just spun up a egg sac about a week ago. Nothing fertile as there is no male, should I just leave it in there or what? It's pretty cool as she never leaves it and is always on top of it but she never comes out anymore because of it. Thinking of pulling just to see inside, thoughts?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've had a couple of young females make infertile egg sacs and in both cases I left them alone. They seem to realise that they are duds and eventually abandon them. I think the decision is entirely up to you though

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
If you’re curious there is no harm in pulling it out and opening it up. Otherwise just leave it and she’ll abandon it or eat it.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Pull it...remove the contents, put substrate back in it and give it back to her. You dont want to keep that thing in there rotting and breeding pests you dont want in her enclosure.

Mr. P

3 Year Member
Since the eggs aren't fertile I went ahead and pulled it, she didn't like that one bit.

Eggs.jpg

Latest posts