• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

EXCITEMENT!!!!!

Zaiaku

3 Year Member
They will be here probably around Tuesday but I finally have the 4 P. Irminia slings ordered and will be on their way as soon as Tanya from Fearnottarantulas.com sends them off. I cant even describe how excited I am about this. I even already have their enclosures set up minus the water dishes which I will put in just before the T's themselves!!!! FOUR P. IRMINIA!!! *fanboy scream*

20161001_155518.jpg

Soon these will have occupants!!! I will get as many good pictures as I can of the new little additions when they get here and update this thread with them and my gallery haha.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They will be here probably around Tuesday but I finally have the 4 P. Irminia slings ordered and will be on their way as soon as Tanya from Fearnottarantulas.com sends them off. I cant even describe how excited I am about this. I even already have their enclosures set up minus the water dishes which I will put in just before the T's themselves!!!! FOUR P. IRMINIA!!! *fanboy scream*

View attachment 19523
Soon these will have occupants!!! I will get as many good pictures as I can of the new little additions when they get here and update this thread with them and my gallery haha.
Look forward to pictures of the new arrivals. Love you symmetrical set ups too. I am really anal when it comes to uniformity in set up too......lol

Zaiaku

3 Year Member
Yeah...well to my horror my G. Rosea, N. Chromatus, and C. Cyaneopubescens all had a very nasty surprise today... I was in bed trying to sleep for work in the evening and my wife was cooking dinner. My sneaky 4 year old son decided to literally shake up their cages... I thought I would have lost the N. Chromatus she was literally buried alive and trapped under the cork bark hide... happy to say after a couple of quick rehousing and some check ups they are all fine. No visible wounds and all are very ..... pissed off but moving and acting healthy.. . He had shaken up two of my four waiting Irminia enclosures too. Glad I have not received them just yet. Spared them the horror of their world suddenly flying around them and landing on top of them. I will continue to monitor the other three though incase something manifests a bit later.... bleh what a day.... but I do have four new arrivals to look forward to haha. And can't blame the kid too much he just wants to see "Happy Dance" haha. No harm no foul....except he is very aware he made a mistake!

Last edited:

Zaiaku

3 Year Member
They have arrived! Safe and sound and now in their new home!!! Holy crap they are adorable!!! Though do you guys think I over estimated the size of their enclosures? Will they be ok in that size or should I get smaller ones? Guess I didn't think too hard on the 3/4 " haha
20161005_111419.jpg 20161005_111500.jpg 20161005_112306.jpg 20161005_113210.jpg 20161005_113740.jpg 20161005_114248.jpg 20161005_114415.jpg

Zaiaku

3 Year Member
Ok....well I thought I was done with this thread but the excitement just keeps coming. My wife doing her usual browsing of KSL (local peer to peer sell ads) found one for what looked like a very nicely sized arboreal species for sell about a 20 minute drive from my house. When I got down there it turned out to be a P. Irminia of all things. Big. .absolutely beautiful and I picked her up for $45 cage and all. I thought it was a pretty darn good deal. The lady selling her was also getting ready to sell her other spider of which she told me she wants them to go to a good home, and she said she could tell that I was knowledgeable and would definitely care for them and asked if I wanted the other one too. NO CHARGE.

Couple pictures. I KNOW THE P. Irminia for sure but is the second one a T. Gigas or an N. Tripedii?
20161007_185151.jpg
20161007_184749.jpg

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's awesome! Congrats! Great find!
Thought the nhandu tripepii was really fuzzy, but,
I'm so far from expert I'll just hush till the experts chime in.
Either way nice looking T

Zaiaku

3 Year Member
The more she moves the more I am sure she's a Trepepii. After dodging a few very pissed off spider strikes to get her into a temporary catch case to scour the old cage she immediately took to the hide and started digging. The T. Gigas is an arboreal right? Not an opportunistic borrower like the Tripepii. In any case she's enjoying a nice roach now and acting calm and happy. Now it's time to do the p. Irminia...haha wish me luck I'll update as soon as I can.
20161008_104130.jpg

Last edited:

Zaiaku

3 Year Member
There!! All done. Now Abbey is rehoused and honestly seems happier already...and surprisingly? Not a single threat pose or defensive gesture the whole time!!! She's a sweetheart!

Couple pictures. Honestly I had to use what i had at the time but I am planning on putting more into the enclosure to help her feel a little more cozy later when I can get me some more cork bark. That's all I had and the local pet store had none in Stock x.x damnit!! Lol but the enclosure looks SOOOO much better

20161008_125054.jpg
20161008_132413.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts