• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eublabberus sp ivory

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Oh he got back to me immediately, he had left a number out by accident. These guys are always on the ball. They actually just arrived, I just put them in their new house, but it's all nymphs(some good sized, some tiny) and they're buried in the leafy substrate. I'll get some pics in the AM after work, I gave them food but I want to get some carrots and apples for the little guys. But once again, another perfect transaction with Cape Cod Roaches, couldn't recommend them more. Hopefully in a few months I'll be on the boards extolling the virtues of the ivory head roach as a feeder and breeder :)

Good to hear, like @Entity said, pictures! :p I hope they do well for you, they seem like an easy species to keep! You could even Blatticompost with them! :D

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
I was looking at that...very fascinating concept, and it seems a good reason these are still rather rare. I have to assume they were chosen for a reason. Toughness, breeding rate, maybe? :D

I believe their hardiness, size and fast breeding rates is what makes them good candidates for Blatticomposting, plus they must not be picky eaters! :p

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Hisserdude what is blatticomposting?

@MassExodus i didnt figure ud forget about me. :) u just said to remind u in a little while. I just couldnt remember when u said to remind u. lol my attention span is not very.....holy **** look over there!!! lmao.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Blatticomposting is composting with roaches! You throw leftover food, banana peels, apple cores etc. in their bin, and they turn it into poop, which can be used in gardening. :)
hmm. makes sense. a smarter person could have figured that out with Blatti and composting separated...it didnt even dawn on me. lmao

Telson

3 Year Member
Well, (btw this is Mass) Heres a decent pic of an adult male sp ivory
20160820_100124.jpg

These guys stay burrowed a majority of the time. There's at least one more adult male in there, and lots of little ones now. And some big fat pretty females. Males seem slow to mature. I dont see these as being better feeders than dubia or lats, but with a large enough colony you could sustain a small tarantula collection with them. I'm focusing on multiplication of these, so they're pets only, for now. I like them.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 18666
These guys stay burrowed a majority of the time. There's at least one more adult male in there, and lots of little ones now. And some big fat pretty females. Males seem slow to mature. I dont see these as being better feeders than dubia or lats, but with a large enough colony you could sustain a small tarantula collection with them. I'm focusing on multiplication of these, so they're pets only, for now. I like them.
Nice. I was looking at them as a feeder after reading this thread. Doesn't seem worth the extra work though where i've already got a lateralis colony and starting a dubia colony.

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
View attachment 18666

Wait, you're Mass!? Been wondering where you went, what happened to your other profile?

Very nice, seems like they are doing well! :) Hope they start breeding soon, eventually you'll have tons of them.

Telson

3 Year Member
Wait, you're Mass!? Been wondering where you went, what happened to your other profile?

Very nice, seems like they are doing well! :) Hope they start breeding soon, eventually you'll have tons of them.
Hey Dude! Long time no see. Yeah I cant access my original account. It seems like the ivories started breeding before I even found the two adult males:) My opinion might change if/when the colony starts taking off, but dubia seem to be a superior feeder, so far. Not by alot, but by a good margin :) Hope your doing well, I haven't had much time for forums lately, although I am keeping track of your roach thread:)

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Hey Dude! Long time no see. Yeah I cant access my original account. It seems like the ivories started breeding before I even found the two adult males:) My opinion might change if/when the colony starts taking off, but dubia seem to be a superior feeder, so far. Not by alot, but by a good margin :) Hope your doing well, I haven't had much time for forums lately, although I am keeping track of your roach thread:)

Huh that's weird, glad you're back though! :)
Great, hopefully they keep on breeding for you, they are supposed to be quite the prolific species, though I doubt they'll be as prolific as the dubia roaches.
I'm doing good, lots of my roaches have been reproducing, which is always great. :D Hope things are good on your end as well!

Latest posts