• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Euathlus sp. yellow

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
I rehoused my Euathlus sp. yellow yesterday and while I had her out I put her on some 1" graph paper for some photos. She molted in May of this year and before that she molted in May of 2014. Very little growth in a year but one of my favorite tarantulas.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks for the photos Hungry Ghost. Graph Paper is a great idea to show size and growth rates. This is a really great species if you prefer calm, docile smaller T's. Mine is also a very slow grower. Probably my slowest grower actually.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She's lovely. I have an sp. red that is quickly becoming a favourite. I think it's going to take a long, long time for it to get as big as your girl, it's only 0.5cm at the moment lol.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They are slow growers. When they hit one inch they only molt once or twice a year!

At least I know not to worry. It's not moulted for me yet but It's only been here 6 weeks. Bags of character though.