• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure preference: 8oz to 32oz. (cornered or rounded?)

silentarantula

3 Year Member
For deli cups/box, which would you rather to use a rounded or cornered (squared/rectangle)? Mainly for 8 oz. to 32 oz. since obvious the bigger (2.5 gallon and +) ones come commonly come in square/rectangle shaped enclosure and 2.5 and 5.5 oz. come in rounded cups/vials.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
if i can find them I use the squared ones ONLY because I can fit them more easily on the shelf, currently my baby avic is in a round 32oz one.

silentarantula

3 Year Member
indeed. agreed with you.

only thing i like rounded one is because they have "twisted" lid which i like it better to have access with lid instead of snap-ons. but i like squared one for overall usage (organizer, appearance, etc.).

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Totally agree with that part, I like those lids better.
they sell wild rice here in a container that's square with the screw on lids, going to start saving them ^^

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Two of the reasons that I prefer square is that they're stackable and it's so much easier to take photos, round ones I find reflect the flash too much.

silentarantula

3 Year Member
Totally agree with that part, I like those lids better.
they sell wild rice here in a container that's square with the screw on lids, going to start saving them ^^

what kind of brand the wild rice? i'd mind to check them out since i eat the rice on daily basis.

Two of the reasons that I prefer square is that they're stackable and it's so much easier to take photos, round ones I find reflect the flash too much.

BINGO! i never realized the rounded one is hard to take good pictures! i didn't realized that until you mentioned! true, too much reflection going on that light spot take over.

Latest posts