• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure for a 6cm Juvenile Tarantula

dc23

Hi all,

Just a quick question, I’m waiting on a new member arriving a Juvenile Brazilian Pink Bloom (Pamphobeteus sp. “platyomma”) expected size about 6/7cm currently.

Just getting the bits ready for the enclosure and I’ve got a few choices, I’ve got an acrylic enclosure, 30 x 20 x 20 cm. Would this be too big at its current size? I’d put a large hide and a few smaller ones in for it to bury into, but had conflicting opinions of too large and would stress them out compared to its fine at that at that size.

I’ve got a few other sizes available like a 15 x 15 x 15 cm cube enclosure and a few smaller ones. But didn’t want to house him and then messing about to re-house after a short period.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
Pamphobeteus sp are very greedy and grow very quickly. So 30x20x20 may be a good option as it will outgrow the 15cm cube in one moult most likely.
If it was different species enclosure of that size may be problem but Pamphobeteus are different story.
Also one large hide will be fine rest will be feeders hiding spots.
Hope that helps.
Regards Konstantin