• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Easy rehouses today

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The prospect of rehousing 2 pokies and an avic had worried me a little as the 2 pokies are both extremely fast and skittish but all went smoothly.

I began with my little Pterinopelma sazimai, Pytau, to break me in gently. Once I'd emptied the sub into a cricket tub Pytau walked calmly into a vial and just as calmly into its new home.
DSCF0694 (3).JPG

DSCF0695.JPG

Next came the Avicularia sp. peru purple, Chimu. Now Chimu has lived permanently in the lid of the deli so a little nudge and it wandered slowly into its new house.
DSCF0697.JPG

Then came the very shy Poecilotheria ornata, Lanka. To say this is an arboreal T it burrows so I rarely get to see it. Having tipped all the substrate out of the deli I found it still sitting in the bottom, a gentle nudge into its new home and it vanished into the substrate under the cork bark so I guess it'll be a while before I see Lanka again.
DSCF0699 (2).JPG

Lastly was the Poecilotheria rufiliata, Neyyar, a much more confident T who's always on view. Neyyar was on the piece of wood in its deli making the transfer simple. It didn't even need encouragement and almost jumped ito its new container.
DSCF0700.JPG

DSCF0701.JPG

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
nice T's :D I get the joy of transfering my son's P. vitatta this weekend. So far it's been more mellow that i anticipated while feeding and spot cleaning. Curious how the rehouse will go. My son even cleaned the bathtub yesterday to prepare lol.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
nice T's :D I get the joy of transfering my son's P. vitatta this weekend. So far it's been more mellow that i anticipated while feeding and spot cleaning. Curious how the rehouse will go. My son even cleaned the bathtub yesterday to prepare lol.

My son's P vittata was pretty easy to rehouse even when she hit 6".

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
they grow fast, Houdini is about 2 to 2.5 inches now, we got him/her at an inch in August.

Latest posts