• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dyskenetic Syndrome (DKS)

Chetra

Unfortunately, I strongly suspect one of my collection has succumbed (is succumbing) to DKS. She is a Juvenile Black Brazillian. She was completely normal then began displaying symptoms... jerky, spasmodic leg movements, unnatural leg placement etc. Has anybody treated or had their tarantula survive this condition? I do not want to see her suffer, but I am equally loathe to euthanize her should there be any chance of survival. The rest of my collection are showing no signs, thus cannot be a communicable illness. Her water is constantly topped up, the same food source was used for all the community (locusts). At the moment my strategy is purely 'wait it out', but if there's something I could do, then please advise me.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I had a couple specimens the succumbed to it. Unfortunately if you see symptoms like that it’s never good.

@Enn49 there is a very informative thread on this subject on AB, is it ok if I post the link? The OP and others may find it helpful.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Unfortunately, I strongly suspect one of my collection has succumbed (is succumbing) to DKS. She is a Juvenile Black Brazillian. She was completely normal then began displaying symptoms... jerky, spasmodic leg movements, unnatural leg placement etc. Has anybody treated or had their tarantula survive this condition? I do not want to see her suffer, but I am equally loathe to euthanize her should there be any chance of survival. The rest of my collection are showing no signs, thus cannot be a communicable illness. Her water is constantly topped up, the same food source was used for all the community (locusts). At the moment my strategy is purely 'wait it out', but if there's something I could do, then please advise me.
This link might help