• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dwarf white isopods sub?

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What the best thing to use for dwarf white isopod substrate? i would get organic soil, im just a little leery of what to get. any suggestions?

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Coconut fiber works just fine for all isopods, including dwarf whites. :)
cool! good to know. i have plenty of that. :) Just gotta keep it moist right? they are thriving in what looks like potting soil now, but i keep it wet all the time.

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
cool! good to know. i have plenty of that. :) Just gotta keep it moist right? they are thriving in what looks like potting soil now, but i keep it wet all the time.

Yep, keep them moist and make sure they have dead leaves available and you should be good to go! :)

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yep, keep them moist and make sure they have dead leaves available and you should be good to go! :)
They are running out of dead leaves right now. are there certain kinds i need to provide? I mean can i just go outside and get some?

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
cool got it! thanks! :) same goes for the roaches too huh? I mean the only thing i worry about it pesticides...

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
cool got it! thanks! :) same goes for the roaches too huh? I mean the only thing i worry about it pesticides...

Yup, same for the roaches. Pesticides, mites and various fungi are what you are trying to get rid of, cooking the leaves will kill the latter two, but to get rid of pesticides you'd need to wash them with water first.

Latest posts