• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Drama Queen

thistle77

3 Year Member
I notice that the coir in Betty, my SA female G.pulchra's tub was really loose and dusty, made worse as she's been bulldozing it around recently, so I gave it a very light mist.

She has now been hanging upside down off of the roof of the faunarium in protest for an hour. Talk about an over reaction.
rolleyesilly.gif
This is the T that actually stands IN her water bowl when having a drink, but I'm not allowed to even slightly moisten her substrate. I only gave it a couple of sprays, the coir isn't even damp to the touch and still looks dry, but oh no, it's not good enough for her.

Talk about a drama queen!

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
G pulchra are actually from pampas grasslands. They are use to moist soil. I keep all mine in 10gal aquariums and use about 6" of substrate. The lower 2-3" of sub are kept slightly damp. I wet the sub thoroughly twice a year and let the upper 2-3" dry out between.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
At least you know it's female lol. She sounds like a right diva, us women always have a hissy fit when housework is not done to our liking.

Latest posts