• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does this look appropriate.

Goldiesgiants

Hi everyone does this homemade enclosure look appropriate for a 1.7" arboreal sling? It's a food container that I drilled holes into for extra ventilation. I've got other ones ready just in case but I'm curious if this would be suitable at all.
Thanks guys.
Oh and it's a singapore blue tarantula sling. So I've half filled with substrate to give it burrowing room as well as the corkbark for climbing. And some sphagnum moss for looks and humidity levels.
Thanks as always everyone!

Attachments

• 20240301_194250.jpg
    20240301_194250.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 20240301_194244.jpg
    20240301_194244.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That looks good to me. The only thing I would say is those air holes look big in the photos. So just make sure they are smaller than your T's body.

I have a soldering iron I keep a pointed tip on & I use that exclusively for T enclosures. If you drilled those air holes, it may pay to double check for sharp edges.

And good luck with that commercial water bowl. They never hold water for me, so all of my T's have bottle, or jar lids.

Goldiesgiants

That looks good to me. The only thing I would say is those air holes look big in the photos. So just make sure they are smaller than your T's body.

I have a soldering iron I keep a pointed tip on & I use that exclusively for T enclosures. If you drilled those air holes, it may pay to double check for sharp edges.

And good luck with that commercial water bowl. They never hold water for me, so all of my T's have bottle, or jar lids.
The holes are less than 4mm the spider's body is definitely bigger than that. I also made sure I filed and shaved down all the sharp edges of the holes and double and triple checked with my fingers just in case.
Rehousing into the enclosure went great. No bolting or defense poses... yet. Thank you for the reply