• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does my salmon pink bird eater need a heating source like A mat for example ?

Bennyboy999

Hi there guys I’ve heard mixed thoughts about heat mats and heating sources for your ts all I want to know is do I need one or is my t okay room temp don’t get me wrong when I go to work or leave my flat it’s abit cold in the room nothing serious just need to know cuz I’m so confused I normally put my heaters on obvs during the winter in the uk and the room gets nice and toasty need advice and help please ?? Thanks

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Room temperature Is fine, that's how my room is where I keep all my tarantulas. The home heating during the winter is actually the best option for heating. Where I'm at in the states, winters can be brutal at times, but I only use home heating and or space heaters, but in most cases I keep the room at 65-80⁰ F year round and all the tarantulas are just fine.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm in the north of England and my Ts do fine at a temp between 65F and 75F except in summer when it may get a bit hotter.

Bennyboy999

Thankyou so much for your help so I don’t need a heat mat then just keep normal heating on
Room temperature Is fine, that's how my room is where I keep all my tarantulas. The home heating during the winter is actually the best option for heating. Where I'm at in the states, winters can be brutal at times, but I only use home heating and or space heaters, but in most cases I keep the room at 65-80⁰ F year round and all the tarantulas are just fine.
So I don’t need to get a Heat mat then mate thankyou so much for your help

Latest posts