• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does my Avic need help (molted 3 days ago)?

itsgrazz123

Hi everyone. My Avic usually hangs out at the top of the enclosure but for some reason decided to go to the bottom behind the cork bark to molt (maybe cos it was dark and enclosed?). It did do some webbing up top prior. The molt was 3 days ago and since then it has not moved from its spot. Its legs are curled but not so much underneath itself in a death curl, but more tucked in above itself to hide. It does move and turns slightly, but in that same spot. Shall I just continue to leave it alone? Temp/Humidity 70, water dish always good. This is my first spider so please be kind, I am doing my best. Thank you for any help!

iYtfjDo.jpeg
7R1R3P1.jpeg
QPCHKrp.jpeg
iVFCN88.jpeg
9JlLpfF.jpeg
nXS53rl.jpeg
c7Gm52d.jpeg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It can take them a while to recover from a moult and harden up so leave it in peace and I'm sure it will emerge in time, usually around a week. Once its fangs turn black you can try feeding.

beebhabie

3 Year Member
do you know how long they may stay on the ground for by their molt? Thanks again
A few days or 3 seems normal. I’d just make sure they have access to water nearby and wait another day, if you’re still really concerned you could try to gently poke their toe with a soft end of a paintbrush to prod them out of their spot. But personally I’d just leave them be.

Latest posts