• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do tarantulas poop?

Jennifer Duncan

3 Year Member
Is this poop, I'm assuming the white on the side is, but I have no clue about what's hanging down from the web near it.

uploadfromtaptalk1418784722704.png

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh yes, they do!
My Rosea and my Genic are very tidy and have a certain (or more) corner they go in - easy for maintenance. I actually watched my Rosea walk over to one corner lower her bottom and squeeze one out. The others seem to just poop wherever.
My Avic had a poop against the glass of her vivarium on a side where he/she normally doesn't go. I wonder whether it did one of the famous Avic poop flick...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If you're talking about the dark coloured piece, it may be a bit of substrate that your T has carried up. Many of them coat their webs with sub to camouflage it.

Eightleggedfreak

The thread that brought me here. My lad has a Gecko which I know drops one usually in one corner of his set up, so when I now see similar in the corner of my Ts home I now realised they actually go number two. Somehow I always overlooked that and assumed they just used up whatever they ate and had no waste. It's not as bad as the lizards though. His used to sometimes contain what looked like dried up crickets still in one peice. Nasty.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My Avicularia slings are abit smaller but my versicolors have the amazing trait of always hitting the door so it runs down. What a talent

Latest posts