• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

didn't realize I'd be so sad...

Turtlynne

3 Year Member
didn't realize I'd be so sad when one of my spiders died...when I got the few(9 - now 8 ) I have, I knew that eventually I'd lose one(or more) - despite doing the best I could - and am so sad to lose 'Flower' - an a.amazonica juvie who seemed to be doing so well(eating-molted)...and now 'momma' worries about all the others...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm so sorry that you've lost Flower. Sadly it does sometimes happen for no apparent reason and most often there is nothing that could have been done :(

Turtlynne

3 Year Member
Thanks again - I actually feel like I was not the cause - have tried to do my homework - knew that this is always a possibility ...that said - I have a B. vagans- C. versicolor- B. albopilosum- E. campestratus- Euthalus. sp"red" - Eupalaestrus sp "blue" and an L. parahybana...the only ones grown are B. vagans and B.albopilosum and the slings seem to be doing well. I would like to have an A. chalcodes...seems a shame not to have species from my own country...am trying to be moderate in so far as 'can't have just one!"....so funny how addictive keeping them is - I never tire of looking at them/providing care

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Very sorry for your loss. That's the hardest part of the hobby. Don't hold your self accountable for it. I had recently lost 4 beautiful adult specimens one of wich was my first ever T, and it was my fault and I own up to that. It sucks but I've been dealing with exotics my whole life basically and its become a little easier to deal with. It hurts but having others to focus on definitely helps. I may have lost 4 but there's still 15 others left that need me so that's my motivation.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks again - I actually feel like I was not the cause - have tried to do my homework - knew that this is always a possibility ...that said - I have a B. vagans- C. versicolor- B. albopilosum- E. campestratus- Euthalus. sp"red" - Eupalaestrus sp "blue" and an L. parahybana...the only ones grown are B. vagans and B.albopilosum and the slings seem to be doing well. I would like to have an A. chalcodes...seems a shame not to have species from my own country...am trying to be moderate in so far as 'can't have just one!"....so funny how addictive keeping them is - I never tire of looking at them/providing care
The A chalcodes should be easy to find, I see females for sale all the time, pretty cheap too. If you have trouble finding one let me know, I bet I can find one somewhere;)

Turtlynne

3 Year Member
The A chalcodes should be easy to find, I see females for sale all the time, pretty cheap too. If you have trouble finding one let me know, I bet I can find one somewhere;)
TY! -I am hoping this is the case - am headed on vacation next week(no - not AZ to collect spidies) - when I return there is a Repticon gathering nearby and I thought I would have an exotic-pet-admiring day and start there...but I will keep my Forum sources in mind!

Latest posts