• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Death of my Pamphobeteus sp solaris

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
Dear all, I found my Pamphobeteus sp solaris almost dead this morning: tried to molt but only one part of the cephalo was out and it was not moving at all. After a few hours, I'm now almost 100% sure it's dead.

Yesterday evening, I thought it tried to molt upright: no moves, strange legs position. I poured more water on the substrate, place its enclosure in a hot room and left it for the night. This morning, it was still on its feet, but with a beginning of the molt as I said. I put it on the back, gave more water and waited with no success. I'll leave it in its enclosure until tomorrow but I'm hopeless.

Don't know what happened. Maybe it was too dry (but I checked and gave lots of water); maybe it was too fat (could it cause molts problems if the sling is too fat? I don't know but maybe?); maybe it's just bad luck. But I was able to "save" in extremis my other Pamphobeteus ultramarinus a few weeks ago in a similar situation. Then I'm wondering...

Anyway, I'm really disappointed and sad (not only because it was so expensive!). Hate it when it happens...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Latest posts