• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Death curl

Phil100

3 Year Member
This is my first t and I think it may be dead, it went into its home a couple of days ago, legs started to curl towards it's body and hasn't moved since, what can I do.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Can you post some pictures of your T and its enclosure?

Phil100

3 Year Member
Try this

Attachments

• 20161005_183205.jpg
    20161005_183205.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 71
  • 20161005_183205.jpg
    20161005_183205.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 53

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes, the photos have worked this time but we need to know more about the T. What species is it? Does it have a water bowl and how dry/moist is the substrate?

Phil100

3 Year Member
Yes, the photos have worked this time but we need to know more about the T. What species is it? Does it have a water bowl and how dry/moist is the substrate?
Chili rose, small kidney shaped water bowl,substrate is moist. It sits on top of my snake vivarium in a room of there own. Don't no what sex or age

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Chili rose, small kidney shaped water bowl,substrate is moist. It sits on top of my snake vivarium in a room of there own. Don't no what sex or age

A G.rosea needs dry substrate so if you can dry it out or replace it with dry it may help it. It may also just be stressed from the move. It's not in a tight curl so there is hope. I'd get it onto dry substrate and leave it alone for a week or so.

Phil100

3 Year Member
A G.rosea needs dry substrate so if you can dry it out or replace it with dry it may help it. It may also just be stressed from the move. It's not in a tight curl so there is hope. I'd get it onto dry substrate and leave it alone for a week or so.
Thanks for your help will keep you posted

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Definitely looks stressed.
Your baby looks just like my G porteri Yeti. If her feet get damp at all she stress curls with her face in a corner. They like it dry dry. Is there a piece of bark or something for her to get onto while the sub dries?

Latest posts