• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Close call..

rénee

3 Year Member
I have 2 emporer scorpions. 1 male and 1 female. They are about 8 years old now so they are probably getting close to their life span.

Anyways my boyfriend and I got woken at 3am today by a clacking noise (usually the claws hitting the glass tank) but it was very loud and fast paced. So I looked over and saw the female and she was trying to climb the glass but in a very fast motion, faster than usual. I ignored it but kept watching her. The male then came out from behind her and grabbed her stinger with his claw and started trying to sting her! I know they get into squabbles once in awhile. . But nothing like this, it looked like he was out to kill her or something, we grabbed a spatula and separated them and kept a close eye on them. He then attacked her again, and now the minute he gets close to her she scurries and seem like she is so scared.. I decided to put a barrier in the middle now.. I couldn't believe what I saw, they have never fought like this..

Does anybody have any ideas as to what or why this would happen? My thoughts were; maybe the male is dying off and feels way to over protective of himself, the female is dying and he figured to just kill her off, maybe she has a disease/sick and he is trying to protect himself? I really don't know.. at least they are separated now so I don't have to worry about coming home to a dead scorpion...

Latest posts