• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Catumiri cf. argentinensis

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
Basically I like to stroll through Tarantulas and read up on all different kinds, put them through my memory bank and whatnot. I think Tarantulas are fascinating. However, I could not find much on this guy. I was hoping to gather some information on said T and update the Tarantula Care Sheet wiki with as much information as I can. So if anyone is able to fill me in on what type of species this is, how big they grown, so on so forth that would be awesome. I've read almost the whole wiki on tarantulas and all the different types. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Cobalt

3 Year Member
I can't help you with that specie...but do you have any information on Idiothele mira (Blue Foot Baboon)? I've been looking for information about this tarantula for a long time and if since you've read up on many species, i'd thought i'd ask :)

Also, does the c. argentinis have a common name?

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
Through some research on the interweb and some digging, it looks as if the Argentinensis doesn't get much bigger than 1 inch? So does that mean it's a dwarf species? Doesn't get very colorful either it looks like, but not that that really matters!

Cobalt

3 Year Member
Yes that would make it a dwarf species. That thread did help answer some of my questions, however, I still can't find what size they can get to..i want to get a i. mira but im not interested in dwarfs..

Cobalt

3 Year Member
Yea I saw that video a few days ago, but i wasn't sure if it was a juvie or an adult :p

I think i'll still get one though - they act as a trapdoor spider and for a tarantula..thats really fkin awesome :D

Cobalt

3 Year Member
She's currently 7". She acts like a terrestial during the day, but at night time she is very active with her climbing. As if it was a mature male trying to escape and go look for females. But it's a confirmed female, though.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes that would make it a dwarf species. That thread did help answer some of my questions, however, I still can't find what size they can get to..i want to get a i. mira but im not interested in dwarfs..

I.Mira max out a 3.5" I have a couple myself. Awesome Ts.