• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cant get my Cobalt Blue Tarantula to eat

Chickpea

Hi I have a cobalt blue tarantula,I have had her for about 6 weeks I got her from a pet store her leg was injured when I got her .I can't get her to eat I've given her different foods and nothing she not in pre molt and suggested would help she looking so thin.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
First, welcome to the forum.

Second. Are you leaving the food with your T for 24 hours? And are you trying different sizes of food?

I have a couple of Brachypelmas that will only eat smaller crickets. Put anything too large in there, or more than one & they just leave it. I also have a couple of T's that tend not to eat unless food is left for a couple of nights & many who leave eating until after dark when the lights go out & there is no movement in the room.

But in general a few weeks, even a few months without food is nothing to worry about.

Ted 1968

Make sure there is enough substrate for a proper burrow. The injury may hinder the Ts ability to dig one, You may want to make one for it if, this is the Case. A good hide can reduce the stress caused by injury. A Cobalt Blue is a fossorial T and will be stressed if it is out in the open. You may already know that but, just in Case.