• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can this be used for anything?

MrsTrizz

My friend bought me a "terrarium" off of Temu and it's the tinniest thing I've ever seen! It looks like it's 1"x1"x1". It has vent screens on two sides, an opening on top for feeding, and opens on the bottom like a micro sized terrestrial terrarium. Is there any type of tiny sling that would be able to live in this humanely? It feels like a gag gift and she's so mad she got ripped off haha. The last photo shows my hentzi sling next to it for size comparison
IMG_20231206_223902443.jpg
IMG_20231206_223913742.jpg
IMG_20231206_223930660.jpg

GarField000

3 Year Member
I would not use it sorry.
Even for the small slings.
You can hardly put any substrate in it, and if you open it up and it runs there is nothing to stop it.

MrsTrizz

I would not use it sorry.
Even for the small slings.
You can hardly put any substrate in it, and if you open it up and it runs there is nothing to stop it.
That's exactly what I was thinking. It doesn't seem very functional. I'll keep it as a decoration lol. I saw people online putting jumping spider slings in them but it still seems too unsafe. My friend thought it was way bigger when she bought it lol