• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can anyone identify this spider?

michaelcng

3 Year Member
Would like to keep it around.
20170417_102628.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The Jumpers are great, very intelligent. I got my first in December, a P.regius, and I'm so glad I did :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
never had that problem :) the last 2 jumpers i had would just sit and watch me on my hand. Agreed that's a P. audax, the almost glowing green chilicerae and the leg markings give it away.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Lol, that's the problem with handling jumping spiders. They usually immediately bungee jump out of your hand, glide to the floor and haul ass away from you.

Imagine rehousing 120+ tiny little ones, not even the size of a pinhead cricket. :D

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Imagine rehousing 120+ tiny little ones, not even the size of a pinhead cricket. :D
Lol, well if some escape they should do fine in your house. I have an audax in my room somewhere, I just let him do his job and hope he sticks around. Theres another one that looks like a grass spider too. I need to ID that one, looks like a jumper with a racing stripe, another common one around here.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Lol, well if some escape they should do fine in your house. I have an audax in my room somewhere, I just let him do his job and hope he sticks around. Theres another one that looks like a grass spider too. I need to ID that one, looks like a jumper with a racing stripe, another common one around here.

I'm afraid they wouldn't survive the cats.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Did you have to chase after them? How did you coral them back?
i use a 4x4x4" amac box. start lowering it over them and they jump into it. then i put that in their enclosure and let them wander out. Last one i had i kept in a large critter keeper, i put plastic wrap on the top to keep it from escaping through the slits in the lid, then used a needle to poke air holes in the wrap. It spent most of it's time with me in the fake leaves and twigs i put in the enclosure. They web a lot, thousands of almost invisible threads criss crossing all over inside the enclosure. I never got to see one jump at a cricket or roach stuck in the web, but i'd see them after sitting below where it was stuck munching away.

Latest posts