• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can a Tarantula molt 2 times in a month

My friends psalmopoeus cambridgei molted 2 times in this month. And i didn't see that before. İs it normal or what may caused that. Thanks you all for your helps

Adrock

My year old Psalmopoeus irminia molted in early January this year, refused to eat, and by the end of March molted again. She never ate even once between molts. From this forum I've seen that this has happened to others but is obviously rare. Has anyone ever learned why this might happen though?

This is super cool to read about I hope my Trinidad molts like that lol. This is my 1st T I've ever had the pleasure of keeping, I used to be so freaked out by them until my husband started keeping ants! We actually found a wild tarantula last summer in the mountains and I've wanted one ever since. I decided on a sling as my 1st, so I could watch it grow and mature. When the guy tried steering me away from a Trinidad Chevron because it was ugly it made me want one even more :)

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sometimes yes, very young slings will, but that pushes the extreme high end of what they are capable of.

Still, a very fast growing species + great nutrition + great temps & maybe some injury that needs healing can make it possible.

Early on when my C versicolor was a very young sling, it would molt less then 2 months apart, 40 to maybe 50+ but never quite broke into the 30 day range.

Adrock

Sometimes yes, very young slings will, but that pushes the extreme high end of what they are capable of.

Still, a very fast growing species + great nutrition + great temps & maybe some injury that needs healing can make it possible.

Early on when my C versicolor was a very young sling, it would molt less then 2 months apart, 40 to maybe 50+ but never quite broke into the 30 day range.
nice. thanks for the response! I thought maybe she was recovering from an injury or deformed molt but everything seemed good as far as I could tell. She still has not eaten since the last molt but it's only been about 10 days. I'll feel much better when she eats again!

Latest posts