• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

C. Versi Sling Enclosure

crazy8legz

Hello,
So today I'm getting my first arboreal a Caribena sling the pet shop says it's like an inch and a half but I got a Pulchra sling from them that was smaller than advertised. I know no matter what I do with this species something can go wrong. I just wanted some opinions on my set up. Also is my set up at 6 x 6 x 9 possibly too big? If so I have a container almost half the size photos attached.

Attachments

• arb.jpg
    arb.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 18
  • arb2.jpg
    arb2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 18

Lentulus

3 Year Member
I don’t have one of these, but I do have other arboreal species. From my understanding they love lots of cross ventilation and are more prone to hanging out in the top of the container. That can make feeding from the top a little challenging. Im indifferent as far as container sizes go. So long as one can feed the spiders, either could work.

Some of the clever keepers here hot glued their decorations to the top part of the container so they can simple turn it upside down and drop the bug into the top portion of the container. Similar to the container you already decorated, but glued.

The gasjunkie also did a nice little write up on these boogers in particular. Most of what I regurgitated probably comes from it. :D

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hello,
So today I'm getting my first arboreal a Caribena sling the pet shop says it's like an inch and a half but I got a Pulchra sling from them that was smaller than advertised. I know no matter what I do with this species something can go wrong. I just wanted some opinions on my set up. Also is my set up at 6 x 6 x 9 possibly too big? If so I have a container almost half the size photos attached.
Hi
You will need holes in the lid too in both enclosure options.
Set them up both and deside when the sling gwts there and you see its actual size.
I kept my young C versicolor in 32oz deli pot till they reached 3 inch.Do not give them too much room as slings.
Regards Konstantin