• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma sling questions

jrh3

3 Year Member
do they really need a water dish? i have a b. albo and a b. boehmei but the cups i have them in are too small for a water bottle lid. will they be ok with just food. i know crickets have alot of water in them.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
they definitely need a constant water source. Especially as slings they dehydrate very easily. If ur enclosure can not accommodate a little water dish then ull have to rethink ur enclosure. but they should have water at all times. if it runs out for a day or so thats not a huge deal, but u should definitely keep them water in there.

jrh3

3 Year Member
just redone both cups, now they have water. man this boehmei is a wild man, runningfast everywhere. so far the coolest one i got is my LB, he tunnels, comes out for food, and looks at me lol. the rest just sit there haha. i can see this hobby becomeing increasingly addictive.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If I can't fit a water bowl in the deli cup, I just trickle a small amount of water down the side of the container every day or two.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i do that too with small deli cups. I also have a single piece lego in their for a water bowl. lol makes a perfect tiny water bowl.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i use the decorative beta fish aquarium gravel in my water dishes ot keep the feeders from drowning. ;)