• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

back in the game

Down with OBT

3 Year Member
Been out of the game for awhile now. I just recently got 3 slings at the expo. Now that I'm re-addicted I've made my "dream list" , however, one doesn't seem to fit.

please forgive me if they are no longer current names.

Arboreal:
Encyocratella olivacea
Poecilotheria metallica
Psalmopoeus irminia
Lampropelma violacepes
Heteroscodra maculata

Burrowers/Terrestrial:
Haplopelma lividum
Haplopelma minax
Monocentropus balfouri
Hysterocrates gigas
and the outcast
Ceratogyrus darlingi

I'm torn between P. murinus RCF (too common), E. pachypus (too small, hard to find), the darlingi (too drab)
C. crawshayi would be perfect, but I'm not fond of the dried rust color.

Thoughts? Votes?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well I'd definitely go for P. metallica and P. irminia. I have both and they're great Ts.

Jesusplants

3 Year Member
P. metallica
L. violacepes

H. lividum
M. balfouri

That's what my vote would be for. Also an obt they are common but they always do nice webbing and have great colours and aggressive eaters.

Down with OBT

3 Year Member
What I was trying to say is the top 9 are locked in. The ceratogyrus is the oddball and I'm having trouble deciding on a better looking/cooler T. Speed and aggression do not matter, but I don't want an itchy beast.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
What I was trying to say is the top 9 are locked in. The ceratogyrus is the oddball and I'm having trouble deciding on a better looking/cooler T. Speed and aggression do not matter, but I don't want an itchy beast.
Personally, I'd keep the C. darlingi scratch the H. gigas and add H. pulchripes.
Guess I'm biased with burrowers. [emoji6]

Btw, you do realize H. minax is , IME, the most defensive of the Haps?