• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby tarantula stung by a tarantula wasp

DreadedNeith

I don’t know he was never the same after the molt he would act scared and hide and move fast wouldn’t eat. I put him on his back but his legs are curled but still alive It’s just heartbreaking.
If it's in a death curl then that's not good. Maybe just give him a couple drips of water on its mouth parts. I'm new to this but that's what I'd do. Maybe someone else with more experience will chime in with better advice.

Alycia

His lower body looks plump and there was some cream looking came out of his bottom maybe that hoe they go to the bathroom. I’m so sad to watch it suffer.

Attachments

• BADDC8EF-8EC6-4B8D-BE57-217C8F15DCC5.jpeg
    BADDC8EF-8EC6-4B8D-BE57-217C8F15DCC5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40

DreadedNeith

That is spider poop. If it isn't already dead it looks like it's very close. Some people freeze them to kill them humanly. Maybe something worth considering. I've also heard that spiders may not feel pain. Not sure how true that is. I'm sorry, I know you put in a lot of work to help that poor guy out. You certainly extended his life. Without you he would have been paralyzed and eaten alive my wasp babies.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
II' new to the forum but I have read the whole thread. Really sorry he passed away, but you gave him extra time of life, love and attention, and a much more dignified end than he would otherwise have had. RIP little guy :T:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
He passed away this morning poor little guy has been through so much. Thank you everyone for the help you have giving me through the year❣️

I'm so, so sorry, he was certainly a fighter. You deserve a medal for all the work you put into that little guy and you're going to miss him terribly. :(
My hope now is that you will stay in the hobby and buy yourself a nice healthy tarantula to love and enjoy. I know you said at the beginning that you were scared of spiders but in the year you've spent caring for that little guy you must have overcome your fears to some extent.

DreadedNeith

He passed away this morning poor little guy has been through so much. Thank you everyone for the help you have giving me through the year❣️
I'm so sorry to hear that. This is my favorite thread hear on TF. You put in so much work to help the little guy even though you weren't particularly fond of tarantulas. Like Enn said, you deserve some sort of medal. I agree that you should try getting another tarantula but this time from a breeder. I was like you and maybe even worse when it came to fear of spiders. One day I saw a video about jumping spiders and it peaked my interests. Then I started watching them in the wild and became fascinated by them. I finally decided to get a tarantula and my fear has been replaced by intrigue and respect for spiders . I'm still scared when I'm laying in bed and a spider crawls across me but not as much as before. Weather you decide to get another spider or not I just wanted to say thank you for all the care you gave that spider and thanks for all of the updates. From everything you've posted I think you would make a great T owner.

Calico

3 Year Member
I'm so heartbroken reading this. I thought he was doing so good. I'm so sorry for your loss but you did an amazing job caring for him. Like everyone said, I hope this helped with your fear and you will think about getting another one.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Your efforts were truly heroic in trying to save him. 99% of the world would've given up.

Of course, there are lots of interesting NW terrestrials to choose from.