• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B or g

Sarahtexas

Can someone tell me if this is a boy or girl abd more about it. It was givin to me with no info.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 27

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
From what I can see it looks male? (not 100% clear on that but looks like it has tibial hooks) And definitely an aphonopelma species.. Likely to be an aphonopelma henzi.
The substrate in your enclosure isn't great you'd be better off changing it out for coco fibre or topsoil as it's far more suited to Ts
Make sure it has a water dish at all times, hope that helps :)

Sarahtexas

From what I can see it looks male? (not 100% clear on that but looks like it has tibial hooks) And definitely an aphonopelma species.. Likely to be an aphonopelma henzi.
The substrate in your enclosure isn't great you'd be better off changing it out for coco fibre or topsoil as it's far more suited to Ts
Make sure it has a water dish at all times, hope that helps :)
Are they poisonous? Thank you for responding

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Are they poisonous? Thank you for responding
Is what poisonous? The Tarantula? No they are not poisonous but they are venomous - all tarantulas are but the species you have is not medically significant... If you don't handle it you have nothing to worry about (I don't agree with anyone handling Ts) if you do handle they can bite you so that's the only way you can be affected by it so nothing to worry about :)

Latest posts