• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B.Albop water dish

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
hi guys/girls.
So my B.Albop is a very good eater and is very active. Everytime I fill his/hers water dish the day after its either turned over or filled in with substrate this has happened on a few occasions now and need a solution as I dont want to find him/her in a death curl due to dehydration.

Is he/she Turing over the water bowl because it doesnt like the humidity with the enclosure due to the water?

Sym

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
image.jpg

You can see the substrate in the top right of the pic...

Poec54

3 Year Member
You can move the water dish, or add a second one. Tarantulas seem to like to fill in low spots near their burrows, probably so they don't stumble over them when they have to quickly run back inside when a predator is close. Nothing beats a smooth, silk-lined runway for zipping back inside.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've had problems with the water bowl in one of my albos. I would find it completely empty within 2-3 hours of filling it, this went on for weeks and I decided that the bowl must be leaking so I replaced it with a brand new one. The same happened with the new bowl. Now Coco has started spending its time on the surface it has also started filling its bowl with substrate. Now Jalen, another albo has surfaced and started doing the same thing so I think we just have to accept it's a curly habit.

Morgan94

3 Year Member
My boyfriend and I have an albo also and it usually puts substrate in its dish or he sits in it when its empty..
We were going to fill it 2 nights ago and luckily we didn't because he molted that night in his water dish of all places!