• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B. albo burrowed to bottom of glass?

WiseWarrior

3 Year Member
My first T was a G. rosea, so I'm not used to this...just got a 2" or so female B. albo, and put a log in her enclosure, with one side covered with cardboard and against the wall so it'd be nice and dark for her. She went in it right away, but dug out a ton of dirt, twice. I had to move dirt away from the entrance to the log two times because she was trapped inside by a large mound of dirt. She's now on the glass bottom. She doesn't have much hiding room now since I had to move away the dirt in front of her entrance since it had her trapped. What should I do? Thanks!

Last edited:

WiseWarrior

3 Year Member
Oh...I was afraid she wouldn't be able to breathe...sorry if I messed up, my G. rosea never burrowed so I wasn't prepared for that. Is it okay that she's on the glass now?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
More often than not, the answer is to leave the T alone. I have a few King Baboons that I haven't seen in years, still, I give them a big roache every 2-3 weeks and leave them be otherwise..
since the Curly is new. just give it some time to acclimate. You'll get to see it's actual "personality in a few weeks after it settles.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
My A. geniculata did the same thing when it was in premolt. It's nothing to worry about...even if they barricade the entrance with dirt, they know what they're doing. Burrowing to them is synonomous with safety. :)