• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B albiceps female

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So I got a 2 1/2" B albiceps female awhile back, and it died a week after receiving it. She seemed fine at unboxing, I handled her and checked her over. Put her in an appropriately dry enclosure with a dish and fed her once, found her dead a week later. I strongly suspect some bright green mold or fungus on the underside of her hide. I tossed everything. Very upsetting and perplexing, with such a hardy, dry species.
So, I found a 3 1/2 " female, from the same guy I got the first one, and ordered it. Expensive, but I have to have one, and it wasnt as expensive as it could have been..;)
By the way, the seller is Chris Shi (Umbra) who I've had several very positive experiences with, and I will do business with him again. No reflection on my man Umbra ;)
Just thought I'd share, I had to eat one, could be my fault, could be nobodys, but that happens sometimes. Maybe this new female was meant to be mine, and make several hundred babies for my fellow hobbyists? She gets here friday, I cant wait! If you google B albiceps pics, you'll know why I've wanted this spider since I first saw it. Same coloration as my native A anax females ( I have 2, both hugely gravid) but they're stockier and larger, with thicker legs. Light colored carapace spiders always draw my eye..anyway just rambling cause I'm bored, and waiting for my beauty to arrive..:)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So sorry you lost the first one and I hope you have many years to enjoy the new girl. I have to agree they're beautiful Ts and might have to add to my wish list.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
THey're a fun one :) mine is aggressive, it's maybe 2 - 2.5 inches now. anything that goes into the enclosure is food to them. he eats with as much gusto as my genic and Lasiodara's.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
THey're a fun one :) mine is aggressive, it's maybe 2 - 2.5 inches now. anything that goes into the enclosure is food to them. he eats with as much gusto as my genic and Lasiodara's.
I like the ones with character, but I'm hoping this one is as gentle as my little smithi. It's nice to be able to handle the pretty ones, they're crowd pleasers. :)

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It is awful losing an eight legged investment. I would love to get ahold of a B. Albiceps one day, the cream colored carapace

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
Sorry for your loss. Sometimes they don't make it, we don't know why. I've had some bad surprises with some shipment, same as you.

B albiceps are wonderful! Mine was a real psycho, even jumping on preys from a distance, rolling in the dirt in the fight with them like a real little dog. But after last molt, she has calmed down and is now rather peaceful. Always out to be seen: I love her!

Send us photos as soon as possible!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Latest posts