• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avic Poop - is this normal?!

Agno

3 Year Member
Hello
I just went to check my Avic few minutes ago. She is a juvenile, L5 or L6. I saw she had pooped and thought i'd clean up. I'm keeping her in a plastic container for the moment since she's not big. I'm not even sure she is a she...
Anyway... all the other times her poop seemed just liquid but this time as i took a closer look i got worried. Is it always like this and i missed seeing this before or there is smth to worry about indeed??
Her last meals have been 2 big newly hatched house flies.

Attachments

• IMG_7558.JPG
    IMG_7558.JPG
    419.6 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_7559.JPG
    IMG_7559.JPG
    419 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_7560.JPG
    IMG_7560.JPG
    419.4 KB · Views: 262

SasyStace

3 Year Member
you can even hear them ? :D lol

I actually happen to be taking video of him bc he was out and about and sure enough he took a fat poop and it was so big it sprayed the side of the enclosure and it was loud you can hear it on the video- I will have to do a bit of digging around see if I can locate it and post it LOL

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I actually happen to be taking video of him bc he was out and about and sure enough he took a fat poop and it was so big it sprayed the side of the enclosure and it was loud you can hear it on the video- I will have to do a bit of digging around see if I can locate it and post it LOL
Lol...audible poop from tarantulas..funny stuff

DewDrop

3 Year Member
that though, I don't know. Usually the feces is solid white in multiple in a clearish liquid. I haven't seen avic feces like that in the photo. I would worry that, that may of been caused by a protozoan or even a bacteria. I don't know. Then again I only see it after it has dried when it is solid. I know the liquid to be clearish, I have seen her squirt out at a cricket. I am not knowledgeable enough on the topic to even answer it.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Three times I've witnessed my reclusive regalis crawl out of her cork tube, aim her butt directly at me where I sat at my desk, and shoot it at the glass separating us. So from my viewpoint there's almost always a poo stain blocking my view of her tunnel entrance, three ft. away. I clean it, she vandalizes it again.

DewDrop

3 Year Member
Three times I've witnessed my reclusive regalis crawl out of her cork tube, aim her butt directly at me where I sat at my desk, and shoot it at the glass separating us. So from my viewpoint there's almost always a poo stain blocking my view of her tunnel entrance, three ft. away. I clean it, she vandalizes it again.

It is the little things spiders do.. That makes me so glad they are not human. Only a spider could get away with such antics and STILL be precious.

SasyStace

3 Year Member

hahahah careful Mass she's looking to get ya

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
they do aim and shoot feces. you are aware of that right? They actually have really great aim. Thankfully, I haven't been a target.
I have been. With a mature female versicolor I had. My children thought it was hilarious that their daddy was pooped on. Me, not so sure.....lol

Latest posts