1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Arizona Blonde or Chilean Rose Hair?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Aline Lassala, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Aline Lassala

Aline Lassala New Member

So i'm looking for a very docile tarantula that doesn't mind being held. I've heard rose hairs can be moody and defensive and i've heard majority of Arizona blondes are really chill and sweet, even the wild caught. Id like opinions on which is better? I know tarantulas are more "look don't touch" pets.. but i really want to be able to handle mine.
  2. MassExodus

MassExodus Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

I'd choose a wild caught chalcodes juvenile/young female. $50 bucks or so, because I dont have one. But I also have an adult female porteri thats very thick legged and stocky, I like her looks alot. Temperment is hit and miss with any species, Ive held my porteri, but theres days when she will not tolerate it.
    Aline Lassala likes this.
  3. Pasodama

Pasodama Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    As MassExodus has stated, temperament can be hit & miss.
    I believe the A. chalcodes will give you a better chance, at a nicer temperament, but there are those individuals that can be rather defensive as well.
    Aline Lassala and Evanthomas like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted