• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Are these sling enclosures ok?

Cheyann

3 Year Member
I've read this kind of setup is ok but I've also read that cross ventilation is really important. Now I'm questioning whether or not these are suitable. These house A.versicolor, A.minatrix, G.pulchra, G.pulchripes, B.smithi and E.truculentus.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've read this kind of setup is ok but I've also read that cross ventilation is really important. Now I'm questioning whether or not these are suitable. These house A.versicolor, A.minatrix, G.pulchra, G.pulchripes, B.smithi and E.truculentus.

It looks good,only thing is with the avicularia make sure to mist now and then.

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
I've had better luck with avics since I've started keeping the with more cross ventilation than top. Keep the substrate dry with a water bottle cap for a water dish for humidity. Lightly mist or drip water on the webbing 1x a week for drinking. Avics live up in the trees where there is alot of air flow and while they come from humid areas things are a bit dryer up there then down on the forest floor.

Cheyann

3 Year Member
So mist twice daily? I assume I just mist the sides so it dries fast or do I mist substrate as well? Is a water bottle cap ok for a 1/2in sing? I may just end up moving the avics to deli cups so I can poke holes in the sides.
I have another question. The burrow collapsed on my B. smithi sling. I dug it out and moistened its substrate and packed it back in the jar. I use coco fiber. I know the terrestrial slings I have like it dry so I don't know if it would be ok to mist once a week to keep the coco fiber from completely drying out. Otherwise how do I keep the burrows from collapsing?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
That looks really good! In my experience, the Ts will sometimes web up a burrow to keep it from collapsing. I mist infrequently for my terrestrials so the substrate is not generally wet or moist

Latest posts