• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

arboreal vs terrestrial

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
They need more height than floor space. So, a vertical hide is good. Maybe a cork round or just vertical cork. Most like to web so things to anchor webbing to (cork, fake plants, and things like that). Most arboreals need a bit more humidity than terrestrials. Several inches of sub is better than like an inch in my opinion because I feel like I can wet it and it will slowly evaporate and help with humidity. I like to keep a full water dish plus mist a couple times a week (for an alternate drinking source, misting doesn't do much for humidity). I have seen my arbs drinking from droplets on their webbing and on the enclosure wall. They are faster than terrestrials. Depending on what you get, some are much faster than others. Be prepared. Avics are good beginning arboreals IMO. Not to mention..they are adorable :D