• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Aphonopelma chalcodes sedentary

Noodlelove

Does q larger enclosure encourage more movement? This is Jessica, Aphonopelma chalcodes, I've had her for a little over a year. My problem with her is she doesn't move the has along hide and sits in it constantly. She is so sedentary. I'm up at night and she isn't active. I fed her yesterday and because I moved her log she did go onto the corner. She was adult when I hit her and from a breeder and in a deli cup at the local reptile show. Is it possible she didn't get much room to explore her whole life? She acts like an out of shape, couch potato human or dog who doesn't get up. ive ordered a 6 gallon enclosure off Etsy that I hope will encourage her to move more since she left her log for the first time yesterday, she has been sitting in the same spot. At least I get to see her

Attachments

• PXL_20240128_122616607.jpg
    PXL_20240128_122616607.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Does q larger enclosure encourage more movement? This is Jessica, Aphonopelma chalcodes, I've had her for a little over a year. My problem with her is she doesn't move the has along hide and sits in it constantly. She is so sedentary. I'm up at night and she isn't active. I fed her yesterday and because I moved her log she did go onto the corner. She was adult when I hit her and from a breeder and in a deli cup at the local reptile show. Is it possible she didn't get much room to explore her whole life? She acts like an out of shape, couch potato human or dog who doesn't get up. ive ordered a 6 gallon enclosure off Etsy that I hope will encourage her to move more since she left her log for the first time yesterday, she has been sitting in the same spot. At least I get to see her
While they may wander around the enclosure initially, I find that the tarantulas I’ve raised will gravitate toward one area eventually, so I don’t think large enclosures encourage movement.

A. chalcodes are the definition of what many call a pet rock. The one I raised rarely came out of her burrow.

Noodlelove

While they may wander around the enclosure initially, I find that the tarantulas I’ve raised will gravitate toward one area eventually, so I don’t think large enclosures encourage movement.

A. chalcodes are the definition of what many call a pet rock. The one I raised rarely came out of her burrow.
Alrighty then. She has the polar opposite personality of Tlitlocotl albopilosum. Thank you so much. I will accept her asshe is.

Noodlelove

When I got her she was adult. I never hit her.

Latest posts