• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone name their tarantulas?

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just give them nickname so my husband and kids know who I'm talking about, lol.
My A. Geniculata is "Stripey"
G. Rosea the "Fuzzball"
A. Versicolor "Bluey"
B. Boehmei the "Brachy" or Mexican
GBB the "baby"
T. Gigas "Orange Climby Thing" (joke between my OH and me, cos he'd wanted an OBT)

MichK

3 Year Member
I have named all my T's

L Parahybana - Nuno
G Rosea - Lola
A Versicolor - Lars
N Coloratovillosus - Trujillo
M Balfouri - Ktulu
A Metallica - Apocolypse
B Smithi - Jesùs

Whenever I have gotten a new T it has taken days to select the name!

Rick Stallard

3 Year Member
Hi, Hey if you want to name your T, why not, what does it hurt. I only name special ones. Like I have a MM G porteri that is 18 months passed ultimate molt and still going. I bred him twice 2 months ago and he is now in Mass. doing his thing. Will come back home in a week or so to meet his new GF. Going to really miss him when the time comes. I call him Moses. Guys name their cars and , well uh, other things too, so sure name away. (see I told you)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes. Ours are:-

My son's are
P.vittata - Enn (means 8 in Sri Lankan)
G. rosea - Mouse (not sure why)

Mine are
P. murinus Usambara - Zera (a Tanzanian name)
P. metallica - Trip (a character from Metallica Through the Never)
L. parahybana - Mole (because it digs everywhere) and Pip (simply because it was a pip squeak when it came)
H. incei - Calypso (after the music), Trini (means born and bred in Trinidad in the Creole language) and Yoda (just liked the name)
C. schioedtei - Beck (a character in a book I was reading at the time)
B. albopilosum - Coco (after the Coco River in Honduras)
C. fasciatum - Tigger (because it's a Malaysian Earth Tiger)
O. diamantinensis - Culli (short for Cullinan, the famous blue diamond)
B. smithi - Pico and Popo (after Pico de Orizaba and Popocatepetl known as El Popo both volcanoes in Mexico)
P. irminia - Falcon (a state in Venezuela)
L. sp. "Borneo Black" - Sable (because it's black)
K. brunnipes - Elf and Pixie (because they are pygmies and had to have small names

thesakedoc

3 Year Member
Hi, Hey if you want to name your T, why not, what does it hurt. I only name special ones. Like I have a MM G porteri that is 18 months passed ultimate molt and still going. I bred him twice 2 months ago and he is now in Mass. doing his thing. Will come back home in a week or so to meet his new GF. Going to really miss him when the time comes. I call him Moses. Guys name their cars and , well uh, other things too, so sure name away. (see I told you)

You WERE right!' Wow

Payden King

3 Year Member
I most definitely name my T's. They are my little babies so l I have to name them.

My MM G. Rosea who passed was named Hugo.
My female G. Rosea is named Athena.
My MM B. Smithi is named Zues.
My female Avic Avic is named Venus.
My A. Verisicolor is named Pandora.
My A. Geniculata is named Cruella.
My female T. Stirmi is named Insidiae.
My female C. Darlingi is named Ursula.
My female B. Smithi is named Cleopatra.
My female B. Albopilosum is named Medusa.
My juvi B. Sabulosum is named Sybil (her nickname is little monster).

Lady Lilith

3 Year Member
I have only two, one Lasiodora parahybana and his name is Pickles and he's a 4 inch DLS juvenile, and one 3.5 inch DLS Cc (GBB) juvenile and her name is Jewlz.

Sophia Bailey

3 Year Member
I've named my first three, but I'm still looking for names for my two newest slings...
My female pinktoe's name is "Mittens", my young mexican red knee is "Nid", and my GBB is "Azul". Not sure what to name my curly hair or rose hair slings. However, my mom insists on calling the rose hair "Miss Muffet".

Rick Stallard

3 Year Member
I've named my first three, but I'm still looking for names for my two newest slings...
My female pinktoe's name is "Mittens", my young mexican red knee is "Nid", and my GBB is "Azul". Not sure what to name my curly hair or rose hair slings. However, my mom insists on calling the rose hair "Miss Muffet".
Get one more rose hair and you can have,, Larry , Moe and Curly