• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any remedy for urticating hair reaction / allergy?

testdasi

A family member recently developed an allergy to my LP out of the blue.

He just sat at my work desk (about an adult arm length from the LP enclosure on the tarantula bookshelf), under my supervision so I'm sure he didn't touch any tool or the enclosure etc.
Mostly just sat there whining about things but then he developed rashes on his hands, wrists, elbows that are consistent with reaction to urticating hair. The clue was his side facing the LP enclosure was visibly worse than the side further away.

This has never happened before + I have never actually left anything tarantula-related on my work desk.
So I'm at lost as to why that happened.

Anyhow, does anyone have any remedy to help with urticating hair allergy / reaction?
This is the female LP that I'm rather fond of so it would be rather disappointing if I have to sell her.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
you will be better to ring 111 or nip at chemist to check what alergy meds they will recommend altbough they won't be specific to tarantula hairs.
I used Piriton in past for itching and stuff (again not tarantula related but I do get mild rashes and itchiness from other things not known to me)with good results
Regards Konstantin