• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ants!!

Alex

3 Year Member
Hi everybody,
It's been a while since I last posted and I have some questions for you all. First bit of info though some sad news as I lost one of my beloved T's. I'm not quite sure what happened but she was molting and I guess it just was to small of a space for her, idk. D: anyway I just wanted to know how dangerous are ants to tarantulas? I recently moved and there is a serious red ant problem here that we are trying to fix. I just don't want to lose another T and am worried the ants might cause problems. Thanks for reading, whoever reads this. Any tips or advice would be amazing!! Thanks!! :DD

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm firstly sorry to hear of the loss,any loss of a T is sad. They are all special different personalities if I may put it that way. As for ants,when it comes to smaller T's,they are like any prey item for an ant. They will work as a team to take down larger prey. I'm not saying it will happen,there is always a risk. What I know that works for a fact,is using petroleum jelly to surround an enclosure or area. I've heard people use baby powder etc, even ant poison which I personally dislike. Just using any item could do more harm than good,especially when you're like me having multiple animals.

Alex

3 Year Member
It was a GBB and honestly I didn't even know she was molting until she had finished, I noticed though that she hadn't moved after she finished and looked stuck.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So she was still within her old molt ? That's sad,I hope you don't have to go through that ever again. Sadly its a part of the hobby,hurts a lot but makes you wiser in the end. Such a beautiful specimen,I wish you just good luck forward.

Latest posts