• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ants & The Enclosure

Hi,

Can I get members' advice on how to avoid ants from encroaching the Ts enclosure ?

Currently, I am applying petroleum gel around the enclosure but not sure whether this is effective or not. I said so because...I had seen in two occasions where ants are able to pass through this petroleum gel to the enclosure although how thick your apply the petroleum gel to it. Or is it probably after sometime the petroleum gel gets a little bit dry ?

Alternatively, is there any good methods which I could adopt in safeguarding my Ts enclosure from ants ?

Members professional advice is highly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sholihin Aziz

What I do if I see any getting close to the tarantula room is. I pull the shelf out about 3 inch from the wall and under each leg I put a deli with diatamtias earth. Sorry I know I messed that spelling way up. You and also put the jelly around the legs and then just ones a week wipe it off and add a new layer.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Been there

Long story short, I wrap double-sided tape around the legs of my tarantula racks and that keeps the ants from crossing the tape to get to any of the enclosures

Hope linking that thread helps

Been there

Long story short, I wrap double-sided tape around the legs of my tarantula racks and that keeps the ants from crossing the tape to get to any of the enclosures

Hope linking that thread helps
Thank you friend. I never thought of that :)

Latest posts