• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Antilles tree spider

Carl

3 Year Member
Hi, I've recently bought a Antilles tree spider and she isn't eating and hasn't shown herself for the last 48 hours, is this normal behaviour or should I be worried?

Rmac88

3 Year Member
She could very well be getting used to her new home! I'd wait around a week and try feeding her again

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes, any movement, no matter how slight can be felt by a T and so transporting it to your home will have stressed her to some extent. I certainly wouldn't try to hold her until she is well settled and feeding again and only if you must. Most of us don't handle them as apart from the risk of being bitten or having hairs flicked at us there is the danger that they can fall or jump off you and injure themselves, even die because of it. Personally I just love watching them web, dig, tunnel, all the things Ts do best.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
And do not tear a spider's hide up to get them out. that will stress them considerably.

Latest posts